Mark holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from Dalhousie University, a Master of Industrial Relations (MIR) degree from the University of Toronto and a Master's Certificate in Project Management (MCPM) from the Schulich School of Business (York University) and the University of Winnipeg. He brings a wealth of experience in mining, processing and exploration operations, strategic planning, projects, business and organizational development to his new role.
His past roles include:
- Vice President, Vale Canada Limited & Head of Manitoba Operations
- Director Mining & Milling, Vale Manitoba Operations
- Manager, Thompson Nickel Refinery
- General Manager, Human Resources & Sustainability
- President & Board Chair, Mining Association of Manitoba Inc. (MAMI)