Benchmark Designs Extensive Drill Program to Expand Existing Resources and Target New Gold-Silver Discoveries
John Williamson, CEO, commented,
Benchmark well exceeded expectations with its current mineral resource estimate and sees near-term potential for the upcoming drill program to deliver significant gold-silver ounces at Lawyers in terms of both quantity and quality. Our exploration strategy dovetails exceptionally well with resource definition drilling as we continue to generate new drill targets. While many explorers in the Golden Horseshoe are planning 5,000 to 20,000 metre drill programs this year, Benchmark will drill at least 100,000 fully-funded metres.
Exploration program highlights:
- Up to 50,000 metres of exploratory diamond drilling including Marmot, Marmot East, Lala, Silver Pond, Guilfords Edge and a number of new targets.
- Initial 10,000 metres planned at Marmot
- Detailed ground magnetic surveys to delineate structures that potentially control or host mineralization.
- 315 line kilometres planned in four different survey areas
- Airborne VTEM geophysical and radiometric survey spanning the southern half of the project to identify EM and potassic anomalies associated with porphyry and epithermal mineralization.
- 621 line kilometres at 100 metre spacing
- Ground Induced Polarization (IP) surveys to delineate subsurface chargeability and resistivity anomalies that are associated with mineralization.
- 66.5 line kilometers covering 5 km2 over three survey areas, including Marmot and extensions at Silver Pond
- Extensive soil sampling surveys to expand and explore for new anomalies across the district scale land position.
- 3000 samples planned covering 48 km2
- Detailed geological mapping and prospecting is planned at over 15 prospective target areas.
- Over 1000 rock grab, chip and channel samples will be collected within these prospective areas
Figure 1 – Map
Quality Assurance and Control
Results from samples were analyzed at ALS Global Laboratories (Geochemistry Division) in Vancouver, Canada (an ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited facility). The sampling program was undertaken by Company personnel under the direction of Rob L’Heureux, P.Geol. A secure chain of custody is maintained in transporting and storing of all samples. Gold was assayed using a fire assay with atomic emission spectrometry and gravimetric finish when required (+10 g/t Au). Analysis by four acid digestion with 48 element ICP-MS analysis was conducted on all samples with silver and base metal over- limits being re-analyzed by atomic absorption or emission spectrometry. Rock chip samples from outcrop/bedrock are selective by nature and may not be representative of the mineralization hosted on the project.
The technical content of this news release has been reviewed and approved by Michael Dufresne, M.Sc, P.Geol., P.Geo., a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.
Benchmark Metals Inc. is a Canadian mineral exploration company focused on proving and developing the substantial Mineral Resource potential of the Lawyer’s Gold-Silver Project, located in the prolific Golden Horseshoe of northern British Columbia, Canada. The Company trades on the TSX Venture Exchange in Canada, the OTCQX Best Market in the United States, and the Tradegate Exchange in Europe. Benchmark is managed by proven Mineral Resource sector professionals, who have a track record of advancing exploration projects from grassroots scenarios through to production.
|www.metalsgroup.com||Benchmark is part of the Metals Group of companies, managed by an award-winning team of professionals who stand for technical excellence, painstaking project selection and uncompromising corporate governance, with a proven ability to capitalize on investment opportunities and deliver shareholder returns.|
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
s/ “John Williamson”
John Williamson, Chief Executive Officer
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: +1 604 260 6977
NEITHER TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
This news release may contain certain “forward looking statements”. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of this news release and, except as may be required by applicable securities laws, the Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise.