Group Ten Metals Inc.
Group Ten’s flagship Stillwater West project is located in the Stillwater complex of Montana, USA, adjacent to Sibanye-Stillwater’s mines, the highest-grade PGE projects in the world. The Stillwater mines have produced over 14 million ounces of platinum and palladium and currently host the largest PGE deposit outside of South Africa and Russia with over 80 Moz of palladium and platinum grading over 16 g/t. As a brownfields district with three operating mines, the area has excellent infrastructure including highway access and grid power.
Group Ten’s technical and management teams have extensive experience in exploration and development of PGE-nickel-copper systems and has undertaken a comprehensive review of the voluminous historic database in order to apply new geologic models and technology to the Company’s large Stillwater district land package. This has guided the exploration focus which will include the high-grade ‘reef-type’ deposits that the district is renowned for, along with much larger-scale disseminated and high-sulphide PGE-nickel-copper-cobalt type deposits which are similar to more recent - and highly economic - mines developed at the Bushveld Complex in South Africa.
Group Ten’s 2018 exploration program is currently underway and large-scale targets identified through geophysics and surface sampling present the opportunity for major new discoveries. The project also includes a significant inventory of core from past exploration which is available for re-logging and is expected to fast-track the development of a maiden mineral resource, effectively saving the company several drilling seasons and millions of dollars.
The company also has 100% interests in the Black Lake / Drayton high-grade gold project, which adjoins First Mining Gold’s Goldlund project and Treasury Metals’ Goliath project in the Rainy River District of northwest Ontario, and the Kluane PGE-Ni-Cu project, near Nickel Creek Platinum’s Wellgreen PGE-Ni-Cu deposit in Canada’s Yukon Territory.
- Adjacent to Sibanye-Stillwater’s PGE Mines which host over 80Moz of Pd+Pt at over 16g/t* - the largest PGE deposit outside of Africa and Russia, and highest grade in the world
- The Stillwater district is top tier in the world for PGE, Cu, Ni and Cr mineralization, alongside the Bushveld Complex of South Africa, which has similar geology
- Low political risk jurisdiction (USA)
- Group Ten is the first to consolidate a large land position with the extensive historic database (including core) and apply modern geological models developed in South Africa at Ivanhoe’s Platreef and Anglo-American’s Mogalakwena mines
- Compilation and analysis by Group Ten shows the potential for much larger mineralized systems than has been previously recognized, based on:
- Very large metal-in-soils anomalies (targets) across over 18km with high levels of target metals and strong correlations to the underlying geology
- 12 large geophysical anomalies (target areas of highly conductive rock) across the same area
- significant PGE-Ni-Cu mineralization in historic drilling
- Group Ten is excited to be conducting its inaugural exploration programs in 2018 including:
- Re-logging and historic core to build the first property-wide 3D geologic model and jumpstart the process of building a mineral resource
- Drilling our best new drill holes, guided by the new geologic model, geophysics, and historic holes
- Experienced team with strong track record
- Focused on the discovery and development of world-class polymetallic (technology metals plus PGEs, gold) deposits in top-tier districts
- Land positions acquired strategically during bear market (2012 to 2017)
- 100% interest on all projects
- All projects adjacent to mines or advanced stage projects, with excellent infrastructure for low capex
Black Lake-Drayton Project
- High-grade gold in the Rainy River Belt
- Adjoins First Mining’s Goldlund project and Treasury Metals’ Goliath project
- Under review by several potential strategic partners
Kluane PGE-Ni-Cu Project
- Largest land position on the Kluane Ultramafic Belt, which is well-documented for PGE-Ni-Cu deposits
- Adjoining and on-strike with Nickel Creek Platinum’s world-class PGE-Cu-Ni-Co deposit
- 100% interest
|Phone Number:||+1 (604) 357-4790|
|Fax Number:||+1 (604) 648-8573|
|Toll Free Number:||+1 (888) 432-0075|
|Physical Address:|| Suite 904 - 409 Granville Street|
THE GROUP TEN METALS TEAM
Group Ten Metals founders, executives and directors have established track records in manufacturing, distribution and metal sectors.
MICHAEL ROWLEYDirector, President & CEO
GREG JOHNSONExecutive Chairman & Director
TIM THIESSEN, BA, CAChief Financial Officer
CHRIS ACKERMAN, LLBSenior Manager Corporate Communications
JUSTIN MODROO, P.GEO.Project Geophysicist
MIKE OSTENSON, P.GEO.Project Geologist and Qualified Person, Stillwater West
DR. CRAIG BOW, PH.D.Chief Geologist, Stillwater West
As a founding shareholder of Group Ten with over 25 years executive experience in the exploration, mineral processing, and mine environmental industries, Mike leads or is involved in all aspects of the company’s operations. He is well-versed in building and managing junior exploration companies, including strategy, acquisitions, operations, capital raises and marketing, having performed the roles of CEO, CFO and V-P Operations for companies with projects in Canada, the US and Africa in the past 16 years.
Greg is a professional geologist and veteran executive who brings over 30 years of experience in exploration, development and financing of large-scale mining projects to his role as Executive Chairman of Group Ten. He has broad experience in capital markets where he has raised over $650 million in project financing. As a co-founder of NovaGold, former President & CEO of Wellgreen Platinum and South American Silver, and as Exploration Manager Placer Dome (now Barrick Gold), he is co-credited with discovery or expansion and advancement of a number of major precious and base metal deposits.
TIM THIESSEN, BA, CA
Tim brings a wealth of experience to his role as CFO of Group Ten from his more than 20 years of international accounting and finance experience. Tim is currently CFO of Metallic Minerals and Foran Mining, and previously held that role at SnipGold and Aurcana. Other past roles include VP Finance for Endeavor Financial, and auditor for Deloitte’s mining practice.
A second-generation prospector and life-long mining entrepreneur, Bill is credited with the discovery of multiple deposits in the base and precious metals sector. His extensive start-up experience and entrepreneurial spirit are essential to creating opportunity for all Group Ten’s stakeholders.
CHRIS ACKERMAN, LLB
As Senior Manager of Corporate Communications for the Metallic Group of Companies, Chris brings his extensive experience in communications, marketing and capital markets to both Group Ten Metals and Metallic Minerals. Former roles include Senior Manager of Corporate Communications with Wellgreen Platinum, and Senior Business Development Advisor with the Yukon Government.
JUSTIN MODROO, P.GEO.
With more than 20 years industry experience, including work in the Stillwater Complex with Premium Exploration and Beartooth Platinum, Justin is well-versed in Stillwater geology. He is a core member of the Stillwater West team, as both a geophysicist and a geologist.
MIKE OSTENSON, P.GEO.
Mike brings more than 20 years of experience in the Stillwater district including former VP Exploration for Premium Exploration, Senior Technical roles for Beartooth Platinum, Stillwater Mining Co. and AngloGold to his role as Project Geologist and Qualified Person.
DR. CRAIG BOW, PH.D.
Craig leads the Stillwater West team with over 40 years of experience in global exploration, mine geology, and project management, including exploration of the Stillwater PGE deposits and advancement of the initial Stillwater mines to production. He is a recognized expert on global PGE-Ni-Cu systems, and was part of the team responsible for multi-million ounce Arctic Platinum partnership (Gold Fields/Outokumpu), in addition to being former Exploration Manager North America for Gold Fields, Senior Technical positions for Cyprus Amax, Newcrest, and AngloGold Ashanti.
A successful entrepreneur in mining, technology and agribusiness in Canada and South America, Gregor brings over 20 years of mining sector experience to his role on the board at Group Ten. His expertise in investment banking, corporate finance, geology and capital markets are valuable assets, along with his contacts globally, and his first-hand knowledge of M&A and corporate strategy.