Metallic Minerals Corp.
Metallic Minerals Corp. (MMG: TSX-V |MMNGF: US OTC) is a mineral exploration company focused on the acquisition and development of high-grade silver and gold project in the Yukon, Canada. The Company’s core Keno Silver Project is located in the historic Keno Hill Silver District, a region which has produced over 200 million ounces of silver and currently hosts one of the world’s highest-grade silver resources. 2017 exploration results confirmed the presence of high-grade mineralization and the 2018 program is currently underway. The McKay Hill Project, northeast of Keno Hill, is a high-grade historic silver-gold producer, which also yielded high-grade results in 2017. Metallic Minerals is also building a portfolio of alluvial gold royalties in the historic Klondike Gold District as a potential revenue stream to offset corporate costs. The Company is led by a team with a strong track record of discovery and exploration success, including large scale development, permitting and project financing.
Metallic Minerals is a growth-stage exploration company, focused on the acquisition and development of high-grade silver and gold in the Yukon, Canada within underexplored districts that have the demonstrated potential to produce top-tier assets. The company’s objective is to create value through a disciplined, systematic approach to exploration, reducing investment risk and maximizing probability of long-term success.
The Company is led by a team with a track record of discovery and exploration success, including large scale development, permitting and project financing. Management and close associates hold approximately 25% of the outstanding shares. The team is comprised of former members of successful teams at NovaGold, Wellgreen, Northern Freegold and Viceroy and are credited with the discovery or expansion and advancement of major, northern precious and base metal deposits including Donlin Creek, Galore Creek and Wellgreen.
Core Asset – Keno Hill Silver Project
The Company’s 100%-owned Keno Silver Project is located in the legendary Keno Hill Silver District of Canada's Yukon Territory. The immediate area has produced more than 200 million ounces of silver historically and currently hosts Alexco Resource Corp’s Keno Hill mines - one of the highest-grade silver resources in the world. Metallic holds 166km2, the second largest land position, covering the eastern and southern parts of the district adjacent to, and on trend with, Alexco’s property. The project features excellent access infrastructure via existing year-round roads and highways with accessible grid power.
A successful inaugural field program in 2017 demonstrated the Company’s ability to rapidly advance from target identification to new discoveries in these under explored areas on the eastern portion of the prolific Keno Hill Silver District. Results from this work confirmed the existence of high-grade silver in stratigraphic settings comparable with some of the largest deposits in the district. Plans for 2018 are to undertake a robust drill-focused program on three resource delineation stage targets, first stage drill testing at six advanced stage targets and surface work on 20 prioritized earlier stage targets.
McKay Hill Ag-Au Project
The 100% owned McKay Hill project is located 50km north of the Keno Hill silver district, adjacent to ATAC Resources Ltd.’s Rackla Gold project. McKay Hill is an historic high-grade producer that shows potential to host a significant district scale vein system similar to Keno Hill, with at least 16 identified vein structures that have seen very limited modern exploration. Historic work at McKay Hill returned high-grade silver, lead and zinc mineralization associated with vein structures. Exploration work conducted by Metallic Minerals has confirmed these historic high grades and also demonstrated the presence of significant associated gold and copper values. The 2018 field program is currently underway, with results anticipated throughout Q3.
Alluvial Gold Royalties
Metallic Minerals holds 27 miles (37 km2) of mining rights along the Indian River drainage in the Yukon’s storied Klondike Gold District; an area that has produced ~30 million oz. of gold since its discovery. Despite prolific mining activity in the region, neither of these areas saw extensive historic activity. To date, Metallic has two production royalty agreements in place between 12-15% which cover just a fraction of the total holdings. Additional gold production royalties are anticipated with other operators on the remaining 24 miles.
Jurisdiction & District
- Canada ranked #1 jurisdiction by Behre Dohlbear
- Yukon ranked 4th in Canada by the Fraser Institute
- Over US$600 million to be invested into Yukon mining exploration starting in 2016
- Existing road access along Yukon highway 11 and 2 connecting to deep sea port facilities in Skagway, Alaska
- Grid power from Yukon Energy Corp hydro facility on Mayo River
- Project in traditional territory of Nacho Nyak Dun First Nation, who have Comprehensive Cooperation and Benefits Agreements in place on mining projects in the region
- Nearby communities of Keno City and Mayo
Keno Silver Project
- Metallic is exploring for high-grade silver in the Keno Silver District, which has over 300 million ozs historic production + current resources
- Multiple recent discoveries highlight district’s exploration potential for near surface deposits
- Based on past production and recent discoveries, the Keno silver district shows the potential to ultimately host 600 million to 1+ billion ounces of silver
- Over past 18 months, Metallic has moved from acquisition through inaugural field programs to new discoveries with the advancement of 3 targets to resource delineation
- 2018 exploration to include drilling at 3 resource-delineation-stage targets & up to 6 advanced surface targets, with another 20 prospective early stage targets also being assessed
- Existing infrastructure in the district, very high grades and shallow deposits result in a low capex / high IRR development environment facilitating rapid advancement to production
- Metallic has been operating since mid-2016 and is one of only a few, low political risk silver exploration companies
- The fundamentals for silver and gold are compelling, with low valuations following a 5-year bear market and the first leg of a new bull market paving the way for a multi-year bull run
- Metallic is also developing a production royalty portfolio in the famous Klondike Gold District, which has produced over 30 million ounces of alluvial gold
McKay Hill Project
- 50km north of the Keno Hill Silver camp consisting of 129 claims covering 30 square km
- Results from 2017 field exploration program released in early Q4 with multiple high-grade showings
- Historic high-grade underground silver and gold producer
- Property is adjacent to the northwest portion of ATAC Resources’ Rackla Gold project
- ATAC has permitted tote road access route into the area
- Under-explored but emerging silver and gold district – recent modern exploration work by ATAC has demonstrated the potential in this new district
- 2018 exploration program currently underway with rolling results anticipated over Q3
Alluvial Gold Royalties
- An estimated 30 million ounces of gold have been produced from the Klondike gold district since its discovery in 1898.
- Dominion and Australia Creek are tributaries of the Indian River, which is the largest producer in the Klondike with many larger-scale, open-pit operations producing nearly 50% of the placer gold in the Yukon
- Approximately 2.7 million ounces have been produced on Dominion Creek since its discovery, with mining on the main Indian River starting in the late 1970s and doubling since 2010 from larger scale operations
- Metallic holds 27 miles (37 km2) of creek & bench mining rights along highly-productive Indian River drainage
- To date, Metallic has two production royalty agreements in place which cover just a fraction of the total MMG holdings in the district and additional royalties are anticipated with other operators on the remaining 24 miles (33.6 km2)
- Metallic will receive a 15% production royalty on its 1 mile of Dominion Creek holdings and a 12% production royalty from a 2-mile portion of lower Australia Creek from experienced alluvial mining operators
|Phone Number:||+1 (604) 357-4790|
|Fax Number:||+1 (604) 648-8573|
|Toll Free Number:||+1 (888) 432-0075|
|CORPORATE HEAD OFFICE:|| Suite 904 - 409 Granville Street|
|YUKON OFFICE:|| 14 MacDonald Road|
P.O. Box 31215, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 5P7
INVESTOR & MEDIA RELATIONS CONTACT
|Senior Manager - Corporate Communications & IR|
|Phone Number:||+1 604-629-7800 ext. 1|
|Toll Free Number:||+1-888-570-4420|
THE METALLIC MINERALS CORP TEAM
Metallic Minerals Corp founders, executives and directors have established track records in manufacturing, distribution and metal sectors.
Gregory Johnson has 30 years of experience in the mining industry with a record of success in exploration, development and financing of large-scale base and precious metals projects from discovery stage through advanced economic assessment. In addition to his expertise in the exploration for platinum group elements, gold, silver, nickel and copper, Mr. Johnson has developed broad experience in the capital markets and has been involved in raising over $650-million in project financing.
He began his career with Placer Dome Inc. (now Barrick Gold Corp.) where he held various senior roles in domestic and international exploration. One of the founders of NovaGold Resources, Mr. Johnson was a co-recipient of the PDAC's Thayer Lindsay International Discovery Award for his role in the discovery and advancement of the 40-million-ounce Donlin Creek gold deposit in Alaska. As President and CEO of South American Silver and Wellgreen Platinum, Mr. Johnson led the significant expansion and advancement of several major precious and base metal deposits. He currently serves as Chairman of Group Ten Metals Ltd., a PGE-Ni-Cu explorer based in Vancouver, Canada.
Mr. Thiessen is a Chartered Accountant with almost 20 years of international accounting and finance experience, the last 13 years in the mining industry. His experience includes holding the position of Chief Financial Officer at three publicly-listed minerals companies: Foran Mining, SnipGold (recently acquired by Seabridge Gold), and Aurcana Corporation. Prior to this, Mr. Thiessen spent 7 years as Vice President of Finance for TSX-listed Endeavour Financial, an advisory firm in the mining industry specializing in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing. He was part of a team that spawned industry-leading companies such as Silver Wheaton, UrAsia Energy, Peak Gold and Coastal Energy Corp. Mr. Thiessen is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada and has also held positions as Controller with Endeavour Mining Capital Corp. and as an auditor for Deloitte LLP, with a focus in the mining and financial services industries.
Mr. Scott Petsel, P.Geo., brings over 28 years of experience in mineral exploration, mine geology, project management and advancement from exploration to feasibility. He has spent more than 18 years working in Alaska and British Columbia at the Galore Creek project, Donlin Gold project, Alaska-Juneau mine, Kensington mine, and, most recently, at the Arctic and Bornite deposits in northern Alaska. In addition, he has extensive international exploration experience from his work with Placer Dome (now Barrick Gold) and Echo Bay (now Kinross Gold).
Prior to joining Metallic Minerals, Mr. Petsel was Project Manager of NovaCopper's (now Trilogy Metals) Upper Kobuk Mineral Project, where he managed the exploration activities that resulted in the expansion of the resource base by over 5 billion pounds of copper. During his time with NovaGold and NovaCopper, he played an integral role as Exploration Manager and Senior Geologist during the discovery and definition of over 40 million ounces of gold, 150 million ounces of silver and 12 billion pounds of copper. Mr. Petsel was part of the teams credited with these discoveries that were awarded the 2009 Thayer Lindsley Award for an International Mineral Discovery success and the AMEBC 2015 Colin Spence Award for Excellence in Global Mineral Exploration.
Mr. Gregor Hamilton has more than 20 years of mining sector experience both as an investment banker and geologist. His broad industry expertise includes transaction structuring and the sourcing of debt and equity funding from public and private groups for mining companies, corporate strategy and M&A. Mr. Hamilton began his career in mineral exploration in South America and later worked for over eleven years in investment banking in London and Sydney, specializing in structured finance and M&A. A successful entrepreneur, Mr. Hamilton has held senior executive and independent director positions in public and private resource companies and has co-founded and/or managed successful enterprises in Canada and South America in mining and other sectors including technology and agribusiness. Mr. Hamilton has a BSc in Geology from the University of Edinburgh and an MSc in Mineral Project Appraisal from the Royal School of Mines, Imperial College.